Thursday, November 28, 2013

My Travel Diary::Bangkok


Yay! I finally have internet in the house :)
Being without internet wasn't very fun.
I had to walk to the starbucks down the street when I needed it.
But now I got the internet, you know what that means!
More blogging!!!

Today I want to share my best photos from the Bangkok trip back in September.

It was already fourth time in Bangkok,
that says how much I love this city!
Bangkok is one of the cities that you can plan for different themes
depending on who you traveling with.
This time I was with my fiancé who has never been there,
I tried to plan to do more on the coupley, romantic side
and to show him the typical pretty Bangkok touristy sites at the same time.


I found this review about Silom Cooking School 
it sounded really interesting since I LOVE Thai food.
The class started at 9 in the morning at a local farmer's market.
The chef, Jay, took us around, 
explained all different types of ingredients that I've never seen before.
After picking up fresh vegies and meat there,
we went to the school and cooked Tom yum gung, Pad Thai and Green curry.
I was very surprised how easy and simple to cook Thai food!
The teachers and staff were really friendly and helpful.




This roof top bar called Sirocco is one of the places that I go almost everytime I visit Bangkok. It is really fancy and quite formal since you can't wear certain things like flip flops and stuff.You pay quite a bit for your drinks but I think it's def worth it with the view and the ambience and their drinks are really delicious!
They even get you a handful of pistachios and olives for condiments :)
If you wanna check out more about how the bar looks and what I wore to this bar,
check out here.



Then Joe and I went on a dinner cruise along the Chaophraya.
There are lots of different cruise lines,
we chose this small and intimate one by Banyan Tree Hotel.
We had only 8 tables on the cruise and they served course meal 
we enjoyed the quite and peaceful dinner :)





One of the reasons that I love about staying in the hotels in Bangkok,
they have really good swimming pools.
I just couldn't miss a nice morning swim session.



Last but least, 
when in Bangkok, you can get good massages and they are affordable.
I really like how they decorated with the velvet couches and patterned carpets.

It's rainy and windy here today.
I am gonna wait till the rain stops and walk out to get some thanksgiving day cards :)
What you guys planning on doing today?
Hope you all stay nice and warm.

Byeee!


3 comments:

  1. Love Thailand!
    I've never been in Bangkok before, but it really looks adventurous :)
    Lovely pics btw! X, Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a truly amazing place!
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Mhmmm sweet Bangkok! And sweet Thai food :P
    The pictures looks lovely! Xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your thoughts and opinions :)
If you also have a blog, please leave the link in the comment.
I love reading new blogs xx