Sunday, February 15, 2015

PHO DRUMSTICKS





I saw this 'Pho Wings' recipe on Serena's blog, The Spicy Stiletto and thought I'd give it a try. I changed wings to drumsticks for more meat and also adjusted other ingredients a little bit for my personal tastes. I had them with my go to drink, orangeade(I just squeeze fresh oranges and mix it with sprite! so yummy) and some celery and carrot sticks. It's a great dish with really simple cooking process.


Pho Drumsticks
(2 servings/8 drumsticks)

8 drumsticks
1/3 cup Sriracha
2/3 cup Hoisin sauce
2 tablespoon Olive oil
Salt and Pepper,as desired
1 tablespoon Cilantro,finely chopped(optional)
1 tablespoon Spring onion,finely chopped(optional)
1 tablespoon Crushed Peanuts(optional)



Preheat oven to 375.

Rinse drumsticks with cold water and pat dry the excess water with paper towels.

Place drumsticks on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper.

Bake for 30 mins, turn them over and bake the other side for 30 mins.Take them out when the outside of the drumsticks looks golden brown and crunchy.

Remove the drumsticks from oven and place in a large bowl. Toss with Sriracha and Hoisin sauce until they are evenly coated, then add cilantro and spring onion and give one last toss. Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top. 





7 comments:

  1. Ooh just looking at this chicken makes me hungry and I'm a vegetarian hahahah! Love your blog:)
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this love-hat relationship for drumsticks because i failed going vegetarian all thanks to chicken drumsticks!!
    blame it all on the drumsticks haha

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are one of my favorites too haha :)

      Delete
  3. Great post and great photos. Like a lot. I follow you, could you follow back, pls. Kiss

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your thoughts and opinions :)
If you also have a blog, please leave the link in the comment.
I love reading new blogs xx